[openstack-dev] [Openstack-qa-team] Tempest gate and stable/folsom

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 19:16:49 UTC 2012

On 10/05/2012 07:50 PM, David Kranz wrote:
> A brief status update:
>
> 1. The fixes for the full tempest gate have been merged. Tempest
> should run without errors except
>     that there is still a flakey volume test
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1056213.
>     This is not a bug in tempest and we are struggling with what to do
> about it.  Any ideas would be very welcome.

Continue executing, so people will be aware of the issue, and perhaps be
able to triage to more specific kernel versions / distributions.
(The fix proposed in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1023755/comments/22 - to not zero
out on volume deletion, isn't the greatest from security perspective,
but that's a different matter).

> 2. There is now a stable/folsom branch for tempest. If you are running
> tempest against a folsom cluster
>     you should now be using that branch of tempest.

Is there a commit policy to this branch? what about fixes from master?

> 3. After discussion with the ci team, we are going to start gating all
> core project checkins on full tempest minus flakey tests and
> "non-gating" tests.
>     I hope this will happen next week.

What's the definition of flaky?

> 4. We will be starting a nightly run of full tempest plus "non-gating"
> tests. We will be adding stress, configuration and performance
>     tests to the non-gating suite in the coming weeks.

Great to hear, I hope we'll be doing the same - lets try to coordinate
those efforts.
Y.