[openstack-dev] _() consensus??

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 22:19:45 UTC 2012

On 11/29/2012 03:21 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> They all are?

I think what Sean was saying is that the log messages are all *marked
for translation*, not that they are all translated.

> Wouldn't a agreement be better to have, instead of grandfathering the past
> in (and the weight it entails). Just cause something was initially done
> one way doesn't mean its the right way or the best way to go forward.

What is the argument for *not* making the log messages translatable?

And as for the whole "let's use the election process for voting on
coding decisions", I say "please no." There is a PTL for a reason, and
policies like this are discussed on the mailing lists (sometimes to
death) and then a decision is made. Having votes on everything like this
seems to me to be a bad idea.

I'd like to hear from some of the folks, particularly in APAC countries,
for which message translation is quite important.

Best,
-jay