[openstack-dev] Python clients command syntax alignment

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 22:07:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Endre Karlson <endre.karlson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I was just wondering if there's a thought to determine some kind of
> general baseline when it comes to syntaxes for commands?

There has.  I did a bunch of work on the command set last spring.
This is what python-openstackclient
(https://github.com/openstack/python-openstackclient) is implementing,
although very slowly.  The biggest issue is backward-compatibility and
that's the primary reason for just starting over rather than trying to
migrate the CLIs that come with the client libraries.

> Would it be an idea to make a wiki document that everyone agreed on to
> follow both for the above and how argument / options should be used in
> clients so things look more streamlined?

Have a look at http://wiki.openstack.org/UnifiedCLI/Mapping.  All of
the keystone commands (as of June or so) are complete.  A few of the
nova server commands are implemented although mapping all of the nova
commands should be complete.

dt

--

Dean Troyer