[openstack-dev] [Notifications] Glance, Quantum et al.

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 18:02:41 UTC 2012

On 11/29/2012 12:51 PM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> The issue is how Quantum was listening on the notifications.
> https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/master/quantum/agent/rpc.py#L89
> This was the same name as that used by glance - "notifications"

but what I'm saying is that what you're talking about is the *queue*.
The *exchange* is something different.  Queues on different *exchanges*
are completely independent of each other.  Quantum and Glance should be
using different exchanges and thus completely independent.  That is how
this is all supposed to work.

--
Russell Bryant