[openstack-dev] Second IRC meeting channel

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 29 18:02:37 UTC 2012

James E. Blair wrote:
> To date, we have tried to keep it to one meeting channel to avoid
> scheduling overlapping meetings so that anyone can fully participate in
> any of the projects.  However, it does seem that as the number of
> official projects (as well as unofficial projects that really want to
> fully participate in the community) has expanded we may have reached the
> point where we should add a second channel.
>
> If we do so, there may need to be some amount of flexibility in
> scheduling meetings so that people who are heavily involved in two
> meetings can avoid being double booked.  On the plus side, it's possible
> to follow two IRC meetings at once, so some efficiency may be gained.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll set up another channel next week.

Agreed. As much as I'd like to avoid double-booking, I think it's worse
to force meeting into weird time slots just because the room happens to
be already booked by some completely different meeting.

I'd suggest "#openstack-meetings-alt" as a name to make it clear that
there is a primary meeting room and an alternate one for when the forst
one happens to be booked.

What about giving priority to core projects to #openstack-meetings, to
naturally avoid double-booking people that want to follow multiple core
projects ?

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)