[openstack-dev] [Notifications] Glance, Quantum et al.

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 17:45:04 UTC 2012

On 11/29/2012 11:41 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> On 11/29/2012 06:33 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> Why are they sending to the same queue?  Shouldn't quantum be using a
>> queue on the quantum exchange and glance a queue on the glance exchange?
>>   AFAIK, they should *not* be using the same queue by the intended
>> design.
>>

> I may be mistaken here but I think that for the notifications the
> exchange may be ignored.

If that is the case, something is broken.  It should be using whatever
is set as the control_exchange configuration option.

qpid:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/openstack/common/rpc/impl_qpid.py#L262

rabbit:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/openstack/common/rpc/impl_kombu.py#L336

get_control_exchange():
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/openstack/common/rpc/amqp.py#L422

In quantum, this option defaults to 'quantum':
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/master/quantum/common/config.py#L55

Please verify that quantum is in fact using the 'quantum' exchange.

--
Russell Bryant