[openstack-dev] [Notifications] Glance, Quantum et al.

Brian Waldon bcwaldon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:09:24 UTC 2012

On Nov 29, 2012, at 7:56 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:

> Hi,
> Due to the patch https://github.com/openstack/glance/commit/3d532de we have a problem running Quantum and Glance on devstack. This just opens a pandoras box of problems. Glance sets the queue as durable, Quantum uses the default value which is false - this causes an exception "AMQPChannelException: (406, u"PRECONDITION_FAILED - parameters for queue 'notifications.info' in vhost '/' not equivalent", (50, 10)".
> The underlying problem is the way in which the notifications are implemented. I am not really sure if and how this can be addressed as I am not familiar with the code.

Glance itself will default to non-durable queues (config opt rabbit_durable_queues), but there's code in Devstack that will attempt to match Glance's durability to that of an existing queue. Can you verify that the relevant code in Devstack is functioning correctly? See 'rabbit_durable_queues()' in lib/glance.