[openstack-dev] [Quantum] [LBaaS] Weekly Meeting

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed Nov 28 18:50:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Youcef Laribi
<Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com>wrote:

> Hi Anand,****
>
> ** **
>
> I think the implementation/blueprint progress should continue to be done
> in the Quantum IRC meetings as is the case now, but for any design issues
> that are not completely clear or agreed over the ML, or if you want to
> raise a specific topic (e.g. project process), then we should schedule an
> ad-hoc LBaaS meeting with a clear agenda (preferably over phone conf call
> and screen sharing). The mailing list should also be updated afterwards
> with notes from the meeting to give the absents a chance to understand what
> was discussed and voice their opinions.

Yes, I agree with Youcef.  The goal of the weekly meeting is to keep the
team in sync in terms of progress and to highlight key topics that require
coordination across team members.  Just like all other OpenStack projects,
one hour a week is not enough time to have in-depth design discussions on
each area being worked on by a team.  For this, the mailing-list needs to
be the focus of these discussions, though publicly announced discussions on
IRC or phone that are open to all are sometimes more efficient to hash out
specific design discussions.  In my opinion, these are OK, as long as the
end result ends up posted back to the ML.

Dan

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks****