[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] One question to CW support and multiple publisher

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Nov 28 14:16:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28 2012, Steven Hardy wrote:

> So are you saying you won't support adding a CW compatible API, or that you
> won't support the concept (or at least requirements) of CW at all inside
> ceilometer?

I'm saying we are not directing our next efforts on implementing a CW
compatible API, that's for sure. But, we would really like to support
the concept or at least the requirements to provide what's needed for a
project like Heat to use Ceilometer metrics for its purpose. And we're
discussing this right now with the dimension blueprint¹, for example.

> It seems like you're saying you'll only support a hook to push metric data
> to an external CW API (which has it's own datastore), so heat will need to
> either maintain it's own CW API implementation and datastore or move to
> using something like Synaps (*and* ceilometer) to provide CW style metrics?

That's another thing we are going to support, among other things for
projects like Synaps for example, like Eoghan said.

I hope this is clearer!

¹  http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/blueprints/multi-dimensions

--
Julien Danjou