[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] One question to CW support and multiple publisher

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Wed Nov 28 10:03:20 UTC 2012

> > 	However, if we will achieve CW data from API side (that also make
> > 	sense and seems more flexible), then I don't think any transformer
> > 	needed, except the CPU utilization, which has been implemented
> > 	already. The interval in fact does not matter in such situation,
> > 	except the interval of the pollster.
>
> Well it depends on whether the CW service in integral to ceilo, or at
> arms length. In the latter case, e.g. Synaps, the CW publisher would do
> the metric push via the CW public API.

This is most important discussion! I'd hold my reply to other part till this is finalized to make discussion clear :-)

I don't think we will support both scenario, so the most important is to make direction decision.
Or, even if we do want to support both scenario, has a separated components outside of ceilometer to get data from ceilometer and push into Synaps will be much simpler and cleaner.

Thanks
--jyh