[openstack-dev] 答复: 答复: [Quantum] [LBaaS] Health Monitor Failure Detection

Youcef Laribi Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com
Tue Nov 27 22:32:44 UTC 2012

Hi Ilya,

1) It is not an option to use "GET /members/{member_id}" for retrieving health status, since it needs to call the driver/device (and thus become asynchronous). I vote for a separate method that retrieves health data, actually it may be similar to "get_stats".

Health status is not the only “dynamic”/read-only attribute. The “status” attribute of VIP, pool, etc. can change at any time, so does a member’s health. It would complicate the API to separate calls for have “static” attributes versus “dynamic” ones of an entity. So, either the GET should be serviced by the driver like the other calls, or there needs to be a way between the plugin and the driver to update these dynamic (or operational) attributes of entities in the DB.

2) Not all load balancers able to map the health status back to health monitor (HAProxy is an example). We may consider the following response:
{
    "status": "FAIL",
    "ext_code": "L4_CON",
    "details": "Connection refused (tcp rst)",
    "health_monitor_id": "f3eeab00-8367-4524-b662-55e64d4cacb5"
}
where attributes 'ext_code' and 'health_monitor_id' are optional.

Ilya, can you first confirm whether HA-Proxy can support several health monitors per pool or not? If it can support only one, then the mapping is obvious, no?

Youcef