[openstack-dev] 答复: [quantum] [LBaaS] Health monitors REST resource

Leon Cui lcui at vmware.com
Tue Nov 27 03:31:08 UTC 2012

Vote for either approach 1 or 3.  1 looks more simpler.

Thanks

Leon

·¢¼þÈË: Youcef Laribi [mailto:Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com]
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2012Äê11ÔÂ26ÈÕ 18:15
ÊÕ¼þÈË: OpenStack Development Mailing List
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [openstack-dev] [quantum] [LBaaS] Health monitors REST resource

Just to summarize agreements and discussed alternatives on this topic so
far.

On pool members, I think we all agree that the workflow should be:

1.       Create an empty pool (we remove the ability to specify
¡°members¡± during this pool creation call).

2.       Create members for this pool (pool_id of member is required)

On health monitors, here are the alternatives we have discussed so far:

1.       Approach one : ¡°health_monitors¡± subresource (this is the
current approach documented in API spec):

a.       Associate health_monitors with a pool:

POST  /pools/{pool_id}/health_monitors

b.      Dissociate a health_monitor with a pool

DELETE /pools/{pool_id}/health_monitors/{health_monitor_id}

c.       Retrieve health_monitors associated with pool

GET /pools/{pool_id}/health_monitors

d.      Retrieve pools associated with a health_monitor : No direct API
(client has to query all pools and work it out).

2.       Approach two: A ¡°health_monitors¡± attribute in pool resource
that can be updated.

a.       Associate health_monitors with a pool. Can be done either:

                                                               i.
When the user creates  a pool (specifies the health_monitors attribute in
the request)

POST  /pools/{pool_id}

                                                             ii.      When
the user updates a pool

1.       User retrieves the current health_monitors associated with pool

GET /pools/{pool_id}

2.       User adds new health_monitors and updates this list attribute by
calling

PUT /pools/{pool_id} (this overrides/replaces current  list)

b.      Dissociate a health_monitor with a pool:

                                                               i.      Can
be done by updating the pool

1.       User retrieves the current health_monitors associated with pool

GET /pools/{pool_id}

2.       User removes  health_monitors of interest and updates this
attribute by calling

PUT /pools/{pool_id} (this overrides/replaces current  list)

c.       Retrieve health_monitors associated with pool

GET /pools/{pool_id}

d.      Retrieve pools associated with a health_monitor : No direct API
(client has to query all pools and work it out).

3.       Approach three: ¡°health_monitors¡± subresource for
associate/dissociate only.

a.       Associate health_monitors with a pool (similar to current
approach)

POST  /pools/{pool_id}/health_monitors

b.      Dissociate a health_monitor with a pool (similar to current
approach)

DELETE /pools/{pool_id}/health_monitors/{health_monitor_id}

c.       Retrieve health_monitors associated with pool

GET /pools/{pool_id} (response contains ¡°health_monitors¡± list
attribute)

d.      Retrieve pools associated with a health_monitor

GET /health_monitors/{health_monitor_id} (response contains ¡°pools¡± list
attribute)

4.       Approach four: A new ¡°health_monitor_template¡± resource.

a.       Create a health_monitor template

POST  /health_monitor_templates (in this request we specify all the
health_monitor attributes and we get back a template ID ¨C similar to
current approach of creating a health monitor resource).

b.      Associate health_monitors with a pool (this creates a
health_monitor resource owned by the pool)

POST /health_monitors

{

  "health_monitor_template_id": "another-uuid",

  "pool_id": "yet-another-uuid"

}

c.       Dissociate a health_monitor from its pool (this removes the
health_monitor from its owning pool)

DELETE /health_monitors/{health_monitor_id}

d.      Retrieve all health_monitors associated with pool

GET /health_monitors?pool_id=1000 (do we support filtering on collections
in the API)

e.      Retrieve pools associated with a health_monitor template

GET /health_monitors?health_monitor_template_id=7281

Youcef