[openstack-dev] [Cinder] LIO support in Cinder

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 01:22:24 UTC 2012

On 11/26/2012 06:46 PM, Eric Harney wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've posted a blueprint for supporting the LIO (linux-iscsi.org) target
> in Cinder.  This leverages targetd to interface with LIO, and will be
> implemented as an alternative target within the iSCSI driver.
>
> A detailed spec has not been posted yet, but I would like to welcome
> high-level feedback on this as a feature and start discussion around it.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/lio-support-via-targetd

Thanks, Eric!

I have one implementation question.  You mention that this will be
implemented as an alternative target within the iSCSI driver.  Why not
make it its own driver?

IIRC, the iSCSI driver is built around exposing local storage.  A
targetd driver would be managing remote storage resources, so it seems
to be a different model.

Thoughts?

--
Russell Bryant