[openstack-dev] [quantum][LBaas] Question about LBaas Extension

Oleg Bondarev obondarev at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 22 12:09:59 UTC 2012

Hi Leon,

Please see my replies inline

Thanks,

Oleg

From: Leon Cui [mailto:lcui at vmware.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:46 PM
To: Oleg Bondarev
Cc: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [quantum][LBaas] Question about LBaas Extension

Hi Oleg,

I took in your change on LBaas extension and working the CRUD operation
(database access).  I met some issues during the implementation.  Would you
please take a look?

1.       The REST url to "deassociate a health_monitor from a pool" contains
both pool_id and health_monitor_id.  By looking at the API defined in
LoadBalancerPluginBase as below, how I got the health_monitor_id?  I think
"body" parameter is referring to the request content in JSON rather than the
url parameter.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

def delete_health_monitors(self, context, pool_id, body):

[obondarev] I would advise you to freeze the work on health monitors for a
while as it is not decided yet which is the best approach of health monitors
handling API. Most probably it will be changed in my patch soon (pl see '
[openstack-dev] [quantum] [LBaaS] Health monitors REST resource' mail
thread)

2.       In ATTRIBUTE_MAP, the "vip_id" attribute of "pools" is validate as
uuid.  The question is user can create a pool without specifying the VIP,
which means vip_id is allowed to be empty (None).  However, in the
implementation I found that None is unacceptable for type::uuid validator.
The same for "pool_id" attribute of "members".

[obondarev] Good catch, thank you Leon! The 'vip_ip' attribute of a pool
should be validated as 'uuid_or_none'. Regarding 'pool_id' in members it was
decided that it is a required field so that member could be created only for
an existing pool.

3.       I think we need to add "pool_id" attribute as part of
"health_monitors".  At least set "is_invisible" to False.  Otherwise, there
is no way to associate pool and health_monitor?

[obondarev] the same as for 1)

Thanks

Leon