[openstack-dev] [nova] Add tenant name to the local domain name with nova-network

Édouard Thuleau thuleau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:46:44 UTC 2012

Hi Vish,

I try to implement a solution to add the tenant name to the local domain
name of a tenant with nova network. Like you propose in this code review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16153/6

But I got a problem. I don't know how to obtain the tenant name.
I can get it from the context but this context is not often filled with the
tenant name (when the network initiate the host for example).
In the network DB entry, I can find the tenant ID. But I don't know how to
obtain the tenant name from this ID, is it  possible ?

If not, I must change the network DB entry to contain the tenant_name or a
domain field built from the tenant name + CONF.dhcp_domain.

Or perhaps, we can use the field 'label' in network DB entry. Instead of
use the tenant name. We can append the network label with the flag
'dhcp_domain'.

Another question not in relation with precedent, do you plan to backport
your bp https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/shared-dhcp-ip to
Folsom ? This patch is very small and hasn't a big impact to the nova
network code.

Regards,
Édouard.