[openstack-dev] [nova] versioning scheme for consumable libraries

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 16:56:39 UTC 2012

> > It isn't an API in the sense that the library would be used to
> > communicate with nova. It would be something nova uses, like
> > anyjson, gevent, or libvirt.
>
> My understanding of option 5 is that the library would be use by
> ceilometer to access Nova, not the other way around ?

Well there would be at least two different usages I think:

1. nova-compute uses it 'internally' in the same way as it currently
   uses the hypervisor driver, say to extract diagnostics for the
   os-server-diagnostics API extension.

2. ceilo-compute-agent uses it 'externally' to get visibility to
   hypervisor stats, in sense of option #5.

Cheers,
Eoghan