[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] LBaaS extension for python-quantumclient

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Sun Nov 18 11:28:53 UTC 2012

Lb might be overloaded with Linux bridge.
Should we use lbaas as a prefix instead of lb?

From: Ilya Shakhat [mailto:ishakhat at mirantis.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:04 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] LBaaS extension for python-quantumclient

Thanks for comments Youcef!

I've updated document with proposed changes. "tenant-id" attribute is added for all creation commands. Also I've noticed that there is "description" attribute in REST API pool update command, so I've added it for both "lb-pool-update" and "lb-pool-create" commands.

As of keystone interaction - the client already supports both token and env. variables, so there is nothing to change here.

Thanks,
Ilya
2012/11/14 Youcef Laribi <Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com<mailto:Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com>>
Looks great Ilya!

A few small comments below:

*         On lb-pool-create command, the arguments are not optional, they have to be specified.

lb-pool-create [--network-id <network-id>] [--lb-method <lb-method>] [--protocol <protocol>] <name>

*         The type of the health-monitor cannot be updated.

*         There is also the "description" field missing in the lb-vip-create command.

Also for all the create commands, we should support supplied a "tenant_id" attribute when an admin is creating resources for another tenant (API supports supplying this).

BTW, how is the tenant keystone token specified? are we going to use env. variables ?

Thanks
Youcef