[openstack-dev] Kyestoneclient 0.2.0 release

heckj heckj at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 20:36:20 UTC 2012

And yeah, we're planning on removing the code specifically from keystone, although we'll do some fancy import-y thing to keep backwards compatibility with the namespace keystone.middeware.auth_token.  We will encourage and submit changes for all the devstack and related paste.ini files to reference the new location (keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token), and get the docs all updated as well to reflect the new location for this code.

The primary driver was the very reasonable complaint that to use the middleware, you had to install all of keystone, which the packagers typically had with services and everything else, and it was a PITA to install keystone and deal with all the rest when all you really wanted was that middleware for your service

-joe

ps: and yeah, I can't spell keystone - it was a tragic day for me yesterday.