[openstack-dev] The future of Incubation and Core

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sat Nov 17 17:04:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 11:06 -0800, John Dickinson wrote:
> Where I seemingly disagree with others is that the scope of OpenStack
> projects should be limited to IaaS projects (as defined in my other
> email and quoted above) and the necessary pieces for managing and
> delivering those projects (eg docs, CI, etc).

Thanks John, I think that does clarify how your preferred direction
differs from the motion I wrote up.

Personally, I look forward to OpenStack growing in scope, in a measured
way, release after release.

IMHO, an inclusive approach will ensure the project remains vibrant and
continues to attract contributors. We're seeing groups of developers who
want to be join our community, fill gaps they see in what OpenStack
provides and participate in all aspects of the project. I understand and
support the goal of a strong "ecosystem", but it's not the "ecosystem"
that these groups of developers want to be a part of, it's the project
itself. I think we should welcome them.

Cheers,
Mark.