[openstack-dev] [quantum] [LBaaS] Health monitors REST resource

Sasha Ratkovic sasharatkovic at juniper.net
Fri Nov 16 17:24:15 UTC 2012

Given that operations are clearly defined, I wouldn't change the name (and yes it would look ugly with "_references" ).

From: Youcef Laribi <Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com<mailto:Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com>>
Date: Friday, November 16, 2012 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [quantum] [LBaaS] Health monitors REST resource

Changing the subject line…

Health monitors “/health_monitors/” are a top resource in the API and are retrieved/added/removed/updated through their CRUD operations on this top resource.

The subresource “/pools/{pool_id}/health_monitors“ is used for associating already existing health monitors (created above) with an existing pool, or for retrieving the health monitors associated with a pool. It is a collection (list) that only contain IDs of health monitors not the health monitors themselves. We can call this resource “/pools/{pool_id}/health_monitor_references“ or “/pools/{pool_id}/pool_health_monitors” if we like, but I felt this was ugly and  I think there is no issue or ambiguity in the definition of API itself as all operations are clearly described. But if you think changing its name helps, I can do that :) Would like to hear what others in the team think.

Youcef