[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] The periodic task on openstack

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Nov 16 13:37:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16 2012, Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> So could we at least address issue (a) by simply subtracting
> the duration of the last tasks run from the next sleep interval?

[…]

+1

> But I'm not sure that we can always address (b) or (c) even with a
> special thread for high-priority/time-sensitive tasks.

We can't do anything about (b), except starting the task again while the
previous one is not finished. Is that desirable?
- Yes if your task is taking much time because of blocked I/O (i.e. long
  round-trip);
- No if your task is taking much time because of system load.

Don't know about (c)

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker & freelance