[openstack-dev] OpenStack participating in GNOME Outreach Program for Women

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Nov 15 17:31:33 UTC 2012

We're in! And you can be too! I'm super pleased to announce that the
OpenStack Foundation has agreed to participate in the GNOME Outreach
Program for Women.

You can learn more about our participation at
http://wiki.openstack.org/GnomeOutreachWomen.

The Foundation, Rackspace, and Red Hat have all agreed to sponsor one
participant each, giving us three slots for our community.

These fine folks have volunteered to be mentors and admins for the program:

Russell Bryant, Red Hat
Anne Gentle, Rackspace
Alex Maier, Nebula
Stefano Maffulli, OpenStack Foundation
Julie Pichon, Red Hat
Iccha Sethi, Rackspace

We need more ideas for projects! Please discuss ideas on the
openstack-dev mailing list and then feel free to add them to
http://wiki.openstack.org/GnomeOutreachWomen/Ideas. Include plenty of
detail and also be ready to mentor as needed.

We are also seeking sponsorships for the participants to attend the
Summit in April 2013 to share the results of their projects. Contact
Stefano if you're interested in sponsoring.

We need your help to spread the word so we get great candidates to
welcome to the community. All the resources for helping you spread the
word are here:
https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/SpreadTheWord Send
messages on all your bat-channels especially your FOSS mailing lists.

Stefano and I are the contact points for any questions related to the
program - but we need your help too! The specific asks are:
 - learn more about the program
 - be a mentor
 - give project ideas
 - sponsor a trip to the Summit
 - spread the word to recruit participants

Thanks all -

Anne