[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Questions about v2.0 + UCSM Plugin

Edgar Magana (eperdomo) eperdomo at cisco.com
Wed Nov 14 22:54:30 UTC 2012

Hello Mike,

I am so sorry for the late response.
The UCSM (VM-FEX) plugin does not have fully functional support for Quantum V2. It does indeed include fake drivers in order to let all unit test for Quantum V2 to pass successfully and you can find them in:
quantum/etc/quantum/plugins/cisco/cisco_plugins.ini
quantum/etc/quantum/plugins/cisco/ucs.ini

OpenStack at Cisco team is evaluating whether we will provide fully functional support for UCSM in Grizzly or not.
This decision will be taken between the next week or so because we should be sending out the corresponding BP for Grizzly-3.

So, you should not have any issues testing V2 REST APIs, I just downloaded the code, modify the corresponding config files as per documentation and ran all unit tests successfully.

I don’t see the import issue that you are experiencing, I wanted to reproduce it to file a bug but just couldn't find it.
Please, let me know if you need to work offline in your set up.

Thanks,
Edgar