[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] model for ceilo/nova interaction going forward

Brian Waldon bcwaldon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 21:17:26 UTC 2012

I'm partial to #3 on the basis that it would encourage us to expose more useful information to the world. I don't think that would mean Ceiliometer is leaking into Nova, we're just exposing data that consumers are asking for.

I might be missing something silly, but why does Nova need to know where Ceiliometer's message bus is? Why can't Ceiliometer just listen on the queue wherever Nova, Glance, Cinder, etc are already producing notifications?