[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Ceilometer] rpc APIs ... private or not?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Nov 14 17:50:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14 2012, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Is this something we could implement as an extension to the compute
> REST API, instead?

That sounds like another option, indeed. But you would still need RPC
between -api and -compute IIUC.

Anyway, ss you stated, the problem is that we want to maintain some
level of compatibility on this. At what layer that should be done, RPC
or REST, I don't think we really care.

My point of view at first thought: REST has the advantage of openness
for clients to access this information freely, whereas RPC cuts down a
layer of abstraction.

But I think both would work for us.

--
Julien Danjou