[openstack-dev] [Nova] no-db-compute, a new service

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Nov 12 23:44:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Joe Gordon <jogo at cloudscaling.com> wrote:

> This sounds a lot like what nova baremetal is doing, where one service is
> managing many 'virt' machines.

Indeed. A related thing is the 'not tied to specific instances' bit -
I'd like to see more of that - we'd like to run nova baremetal in HA
mode, with 2 or more nova baremetal controllers running the same set
of nodes (so both can answer DHCP, TFTP and coordinate on image
deployment). We haven't started executing on that, but basically
moving to a more fabric approach than pure hierarchical seems like a
big win to me.

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist