[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] importutils problem in import_object_ns

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Sun Nov 11 15:34:35 UTC 2012

	I noticed a bug reported (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1074488 ) and a fix commited, thanks for the great effort. Are there any continous effort on this, as it should break compute pollster also, since libvirt driver also requires virtapi parameter.

	This raise a curios question to me, sorry if it's too naive, I must have missed something  :$
	Currently ceilometer's compute pollster invoke functions from nova (like conn._conn.lookupByName()) to get compute information, which is possibly some nova internal implementation. However, the nova already has the compute api/rpcapi which provide some information already. For example, libvirt has already provided the get_diagnostics() to present cpu_time/volume access information etc.
	Why can't we simply import the compute api and then query through that (of course, we can enhance the api implementation if needed)? Is it because of performance issue, or it's not workable because of rpc limitation?

Thanks
--jyh