[openstack-dev] [Nova] Reviews and core members

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 00:16:40 UTC 2012

Hey Everyone,

It's that time again. We are falling behind with over 100 reviews in the nova queue[1]. It would be great if more people were involved in the review process. Here are the stats from the last thirty days for core members:

Kevin Mitchell "klmitch": 207
Michael Still "mikalstill": 197
Vish Ishaya "vishvananda": 175
Russell Bryant "russellb": 160
Mark McLoughlin "markmc": 113
Josh Kearney "jk0": 90
Johannes Erdfelt "johannes.erdfelt": 84
Chris Behrens "cbehrens": 64
Pádraig Brady "p-draigbrady": 55
Matt Dietz "cerberus": 36
Yon Mao"yunmao": 58
Dan Prince "dan-prince": 22
Rick Harris "rconradharris": 12
Christopher MacGown "0x44": 6
Brian Waldon "bcwaldon": 5
Trey Morris "tr3buchet": 5
Sandy Walsh "sandy-walsh": 1
Devin Carlen "devcamcar": 0
Mark Washenberger "markwash": 0

Thanks to everyone who has been active! Based on these numbers I think it is fairly clear that there are some people who have moved on to other things. I'd like to propose we cut the following people from core:

Christopher MacGown, Brian Waldon, Trey Morris, Sandy Walsh, Devin Carlen, Mark Washenberger.

As before, please keep in mind that this isn't intended to question the amazing work that all of these people have done for nova.  Nova-core is a review team, so we have to make sure the people on it actually have time to do reviews. If anyone jumps back in and starts reviewing we can fast-track them back in.

I'd also like to propose that we add the following active reviewers to the core team:

Dan Smith "danms": 84
Has been doing a lot of work with russelb on no-db-compute

Sean Dague "sdague-b": 82
Has been leading a lot of the api related work and api-sample testing

Joe Gordon "joe-gordon0": 48
Has been doing lots of general cleanup and feature work around host aggregates

Nova Core members: Please +1 each person you think should join nova core.

Vish

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova,n,z