[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Model Changes

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Nov 8 20:57:16 UTC 2012

Thanks for driving this Mark, this is really important for the entire
community.

Those are the only DB changes on my radar, though there will be more coming
in terms of LBaaS, and possibly based on some blueprints I saw specific to
the cisco plugin.

dan

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Mark McClain <mark.mcclain at dreamhost.com>wrote:

> All-
>
> We are starting to see proposed changes that alter the Quantum db models.
>  In Folsom cycle we were working with a clean slate and did not need to
> worry about migrations.  In Grizzly, we need migrations to provide a
> database upgrade path between the releases.  (NOTE: To avoid confusion, I'm
> only talking about migrating from Quantum Folsom to Quantum Grizzly).
>
> We're working on adding the migration infrastructure into Quantum, but it
> is not ready at this moment.  Until the migration framework is merged, we
> need to track the reviews that make changes to the models.  These changes
> will then be converted to migrations when the migration changes land.
>
> Currently, I've got:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/14262/ (merged)
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15476/ (proposed)
>
> If I've missed any reviews containing DB changes, let me know.
>
> mark

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt