[openstack-dev] [Quantum/Nova] Improving VIF plugin

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Thu Nov 8 15:55:18 UTC 2012

> From: Ian Wells [mailto:ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk]
> On 7 November 2012 20:13, John Garbutt <John.Garbutt at citrix.com> wrote:
> > I am keen this works for XenServer, as well as libvirt.
> We all are, and I knew this question was coming ;)
:-)

> Don't suppose you've got time for a phone call tomorrow?
Opps, not now. Tomorrow(Fri) morning could work.

> I'm sure there's
> middle ground here but I haven't read the Xen driver code (actually, I'm
> fairly sure that no-one on the Quantum side is much of a Xen user) and I'd
> like to understand how we'd need to adapt this to work with it.

Rackspace are quantum + XenServer, but not OVS.
Internap are looking at OVS + XenServer/XCP.

I am trying to cover this area now, but not had a lot of time on it recently - apologies.

> I'm back in Europe now, but I'm not an early riser - sometime after 10 your
> time ought to work.  (That aside I'm in Cambridge in a couple of weeks and I
> shall buy you a beer. ;)
Sounds good. Salvatore and Armando might even be around too?
Anyone else for a Cambridge meetup?

John