[openstack-dev] The future of Incubation and Core

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 8 12:56:45 UTC 2012

Sean Dague wrote:
> I think there is actually a 3rd thing as well, who gets first class
> infrastructure support. The infrastructure team provides a huge service
> to "core" projects today, the ability to layer in really complex gates
> and periodic jobs.

Currently that's the projects that are part of the coordinated release
(currently named "core") + library projects that are necessary to those
+ gating projects that are necessary to CI + supporting projects (other
CI + documentation).

Those are currently collectively known as "official projects" and are
listed at: http://wiki.openstack.org/Projects

I don't really think we should extend that to other classes of projects.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack