[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Need review for iptablessecuritygroup bp

Nachi Ueno nachi at nttmcl.com
Thu Nov 8 01:51:34 UTC 2012

Hi Ian

Quantum setups default security group.
The default security group is 'default'.
It will allow all egress packet and , allow intercommunication between VMs.
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/master/quantum/db/securitygroups_db.py#L137
( Sorry we have not enough document for security group stuff)

In addition to the default security group rule, we can add custom
security group and rules via API.
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/master/quantum/extensions/securitygroup.py#L158

Based on server side security model, firewall.py will setup actual filtering.

PS. I uploaded iptables implementation. This source code may answer
your question.
https://github.com/nttmcl/quantum/blob/quantum-security-groups-iptables/quantum/agent/linux/iptables_firewall.py