[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Need review for iptables securitygroup bp

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Wed Nov 7 18:50:07 UTC 2012

Just one quick thing to add.

> From: Ian Wells [mailto:ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk]
> Aside from that: any reason the firewall driver needs to be configurable in
> Quantum?  I know it is in Nova; I've never been completely convinced that
> that's a good thing.
With XenServer we will need to pass the commands from the VM down to Dom0 over XenAPI, so we will need a slightly different driver.

On the other hand, if you we are using rootwrap, we may be able to re-use some of the code that Maru built for the OVS plugin to pass those commands through to Dom0.

Cheers,
John