[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Model Changes

Mark McClain mark.mcclain at dreamhost.com
Tue Nov 6 21:48:34 UTC 2012

All-

We are starting to see proposed changes that alter the Quantum db models.  In Folsom cycle we were working with a clean slate and did not need to worry about migrations.  In Grizzly, we need migrations to provide a database upgrade path between the releases.  (NOTE: To avoid confusion, I'm only talking about migrating from Quantum Folsom to Quantum Grizzly).

We're working on adding the migration infrastructure into Quantum, but it is not ready at this moment.  Until the migration framework is merged, we need to track the reviews that make changes to the models.  These changes will then be converted to migrations when the migration changes land.

Currently, I've got:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/14262/ (merged)

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15476/ (proposed)

If I've missed any reviews containing DB changes, let me know.

mark