[openstack-dev] [Common] Rename rabbit_notifier to rpc_notifier.

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 6 12:56:01 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 02:47 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Hi,
> The change is cool and understood. My concern here is that if someone
> has deployed Folsom, when they upgrade to Grizzly then the code will be
> broken. In the original configuration the the entry was:
> notification_driver =quantum.openstack.common.notifier.rabbit_notifier
> This has now been changed to:
> notification_driver =quantum.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier
> Is this something that needs to be taken care of internally by Quantum
> or something across OpenStack?

In nova we just did it manually in Folsom when we deprecated config
values, and used the deprecated function (now a part of common log) to
specify that the user had deprecated config.

Regardless of how it's solved, it does need a solution, as breaking
configs without deprecating for a release is generally against OpenStack
policy (and just bad form).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague