[openstack-dev] Billing for OpenStack - Naming proposals

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Fri Nov 2 23:03:21 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 10:41 PM, Endre Karlson wrote:
> I found a interesting thing in Gaelic: Dineiro ( diñeiro ) meaning "Money".

Galician you mean?

Irish gaelic for money (airgead) is based off the latin we've seen
in this thread already (argentum), which might be preferred -
air and clouds and all that.

Libra also comes to mind being a star constellation (following OpenStack's NASA roots),
with the "scales" sign, which is traditionally associated with billing.

In the same vein, these are constellations referring to birds (bill):
  Apus   "The Bird of Paradise"
  Aquila "The eagle"
  Corvus "The crow"
  Cygnus "The swan"
  Grus   "The crane"
  Pavo   "The peacock"
  Tucana "The toucan"  <-- Already suggested

cheers,
Pádraig.