[openstack-dev] [Stable Release] Pip Requires

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 1 11:46:04 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 03:28 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
<snip>

> The question is how to do this. The Jenkins gate job runs 'pip freeze'
> so we have a source of this info:
>
>    http://logs.openstack.org/13829/1/gate/gate-quantum-python27/1696/console.html.gz
>
> and since that's the commit which started the stable/folsom branch, it
> should be the list we want.
>
> So we can take that 'pip freeze' output and use it to update the
> pip-requires. I've re-purposed a script Monty wrote for this:
>
>    https://gist.github.com/3992317
>
> and the result looks like this:
>
>    https://review.openstack.org/15186
>
> Thoughts?

Big +1.

The scramble yesterday to cap sqlalchemy so all of Jenkins didn't break
was super annoying, and mostly self inflicted. I think this is a great
idea to keep us from getting broken in the future.

Would be great to get this done for all stable releases. Are there
additional reviews out for the other projects?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center