[openstack-dev] [Netstack] [Blueprint quantum-l3-fwd-nat] Nova-equivalent Quantum L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Tue Jul 31 15:09:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando at nicira.com>wrote:

> Hi Bill,

If you look at the main quantum launchpad page (
https://launchpad.net/quantum), we point to github.com and
review.openstack.org:

Source code for Quantum can be found at http://github.com/openstack/quantum

Code Reviews for Quantum can be found at:
https://review.openstack.org/#q,status:open+project:openstack/quantum,n,z

> all Openstack project use the following tools:
> - launchpad for tracking bug and specifications
> - github for source code (github.com/openstack)

- gerrit for code review (review.openstack.org)

> For the blueprint you're referring to, there isn't yet code available
> (there will be soon).
> Several blueprints have a detailed specification linked to the blueprint
> itself. Usually this spec is a wiki page on wiki.openstack.org, but in
> theory it could anything. For some simpler blueprints the specification is
> on the whiteboard of the blueprint itself. It's a shame that not all
> blueprints have some for of spec, and that we do not have yet a template
> for building specifications.

This is a larger feature, so the proposed spec is available by clicking the
"Read the full specification" link on the blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/quantum-l3-fwd-nat .  If the
link isn't working for you for some reason, let me know (it works in my
testing).

dan

> Design discussions als happen every day on this mailing list and on the
> dev IRC channel, #openstack-dev.
>
> Once code will be available, gerrit will add a comment to the blueprint
> pointing to the patch under review.
> As soon as the review process is complete, gerrit will push the patch on
> the github repo.
>
> Some useful details are available at this page:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow
>
> Hope this helps,
> Salvatore
>
> On 31 July 2012 16:30, Bill Shetti <billshetti at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HI everyone,
>>
>> Being new to the list and the project. I was wondering where do we get
>> access to specific blueprint code. Particularly -  "Nova-equivalent Quantum
>> L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension" blueprint?
>>
>> It does NOT seem to be on the launchpad location.
>>
>> *Launchpad does not know where OpenStack Quantum (virtual network
>> service) hosts its code.*
>>
>> In particular the internals of this are important to review. What is the
>> code review process?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bill
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM, dan wendlandt <dan at nicira.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Blueprint changed by dan wendlandt:
>>>
>>> Whiteboard changed:
>>> - been focusing on core v2 API stuff until now.  Still need to revive my
>>> - prototype and implement it on top of v2 API.
>>> + - router CRUD API (DONE)
>>> + - DB-plugin router CRUD impl (DONE)
>>> + - python-quantumclient + CLI router CRUD  (In Progress)
>>> + - basic l3-agent, using polling (In Progress)
>>> + - NAT/floating-ip CRUD API
>>> + - DB-plugin NAT/floating-ip CRUD impl
>>> + - python-quantumclient + CLI NAT/floating-ip CRUD
>>> + - l3-agent with NAT
>>> + - l3-agent, overlapping IPs
>>> + - l3-agent, no polling
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nova-equivalent Quantum L3 Forwarding, NAT, and Floating-IP Extension
>>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/quantum-l3-fwd-nat
>>>

>> --

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com