[openstack-dev] API changes [was: Re: [API] Standardizing status codes in the native API]

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Fri Jul 27 12:49:31 UTC 2012

Mark, I am perfectly OK with that. Please don't read too much into the
location. I just wanted to move from the randomly-named etherpad to a
more stable place and discovered there was a similarly-themed proposal
from a while back in that wiki location. I used the template there
because it was easy but this  is still just a working document. The PPB
doesn't need to be involved with the details of the guidelines.

With regard to your point (1), I think the major disagreement about
whether OpenStack has a commitment to API stability comes from outside.
An official statement from the PPB would help. As you said, we need to
flesh out the guidelines to help us actually implement that commitment.
I would also add:

(3) Reinforce for every one that API stability is a priority for
OpenStack as a whole, not individual projects.

  -David