[openstack-dev] [nova] proposal: nova IRC meeting

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 26 09:25:53 UTC 2012

Sean Dague wrote:
> It would be a place for people working on blueprints and bugs to check
> in (letting others no where they could use help), and give the PTL a
> chance to bring up his/her hottest issues they would like worked. It
> might also be a good place to get nova core people aware of reviews that
> are languishing (I think the current model of "harass core reviewers
> until they break down and take time to look at your patch" isn't really
> scalable. :) )  And it would give new folks a chance to learn the
> culture of the team, and get them integrated.

It would give the team a chance to have a culture, too :) Ideally that
meeting would occur before the release meeting on Tuesday (say Monday or
Friday) to help the PTL have more accurate status when the release
meeting comes.

> This obviously needs buy in by the PTL and enough core folks to make
> there be critical mass, so it's just a suggestion. But I think it would
> serve us well.

It could also help attracting attention to Nova bugs. Most other teams
have the incoming bug flow under control, while Nova has trouble being
on top of it. There are about 10 untriaged bugs adding up every week,
with a backlog of 90. Nothing a team of 20 core developers can't
handle... with a bit of coordination.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack