[openstack-dev] 3-rd party endpoint lookup and interpolation

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 23:50:34 UTC 2012

Hello, All:

I am trying to do a simple thing: for each account (in Keystone) to find
out how much space it used up in Swift. This requires the management script
to determine the StorageURL for a given account (tenant in Keystone).
When an ordinary application does it, the function is performed during
the authentication, and result is returned alongside the token. Obviously,
the administrator cannot do that except by impersonating users. In our
case, my script does not have access to user passwords.

So, ideally I would like an API call that permits an administrator account
to submit own credentials, but look up and interpolate someone else's
StorageURL. Do we have such a call?

Currently I list endpoints (I cannot find a lookup call either), identify
the one for Swift, then interpolate by hand, duplicating what Keystone
server does. This may be not future-proof if another way of interpolating
is defined, for example. Hence, the question above.

Greetings,
-- Pete