[openstack-dev] [nova] proposal: nova IRC meeting

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 25 14:07:48 UTC 2012

Earlier there was a thread on nova IRC meetings, which don't currently
exist (they don't exist for some other core projects either). Anyone
that's been watching the blueprint list for nova has also probably
noticed that at the rate it's shrinking, there is going to be a lot of
folsom blueprints that don't make it.

I think it would be really good to get a weekly nova IRC meeting spun
up, run by the nova PTL, much like some of the newer openstack projects
have.

It would be a place for people working on blueprints and bugs to check
in (letting others no where they could use help), and give the PTL a
chance to bring up his/her hottest issues they would like worked. It
might also be a good place to get nova core people aware of reviews that
are languishing (I think the current model of "harass core reviewers
until they break down and take time to look at your patch" isn't really
scalable. :) )  And it would give new folks a chance to learn the
culture of the team, and get them integrated.

This obviously needs buy in by the PTL and enough core folks to make
there be critical mass, so it's just a suggestion. But I think it would
serve us well.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague