[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Agents and configuration files

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 17:15:32 UTC 2012

Hi,
Please see my inline below.
Thanks
Gary

On 07/24/2012 07:47 PM, Salvatore Orlando wrote:
> I +1 what Mark and Gary agreed on the IRC.
> That's exactly what I meant by 'namespaces' on yesterday's meeting.
>
> Cheers,
> Salvatore
>
> On 24 July 2012 16:30, Sumit Naiksatam (snaiksat) <snaiksat at cisco.com
> <mailto:snaiksat at cisco.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Gary,
>
>     Are you asking this just in the context of the RPC related
>     configurations, or also for moving all the existing configuration
>     from the plugin-specific configuration files (the ones under
>     etc/quantum/plugins) to a single configuration file?

The RPC was the motivation for this. This is information that is
required by both the agents and the plugins. In addition to this due to
the fact that is is from the openstack-common (which used the global
cfg.CONF) complicates things.

There is still the option to use multiple files with input like:

   --config-file=/etc/quantum.conf --config-file=/etc/quantum/quantum.conf --config-dir=/etc/quantum/plugins.d

Thanks
Gary