[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Nicira/VMware commitment to OpenStack + Quantum

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon Jul 23 22:28:25 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

This is a dev-list, so I want to keep this discussion well-scoped, but I
have been getting questions from a good number of people due to VMware's
announcement that they are acquiring Nicira.

I just want to emphasize that VMware is very supportive of Nicira's open
source development efforts in OpenStack and Open vSwitch and VMware CTO
Steve Herrord explicitly called out OpenStack and multi-hypervisor
deployments as a key benefit of them working with Nicira (
http://blogs.vmware.com/console/2012/07/vmware-and-nicira-advancing-the-software-defined-datacenter.html).

I'm optimistic that our development commitment to OpenStack will grow, not
shrink, and that ESX support within Nova will be a beneficiary as well.

I'm happy to chat with folks one-on-one about this if you have specific
concerns.  Thanks,

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt