[openstack-dev] Support for heterogeneous architectures

michel.gauthier at bull.net michel.gauthier at bull.net
Tue Jul 17 16:05:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,
We have currently the Essex version of openstack installed on our
infrastructure and we want to instanciate servers on physical hosts with
gpu.
The scheduler (filter scheduler) of Essex version  is not able to choose
such physical host explicitly because it is not aware of heterogeneous
architecture. Do you confirm?

Among the blueprints of diablo, essex and folsom versions, we have found
the following :
"schedule instances according to processor, accelerator and network
achitecture" (diablo)
"Support for heterogeneous architectures" (essex)
"support for cpu, accelerator and network achitectures" (folsom)
"Add support to launch different instances on heterogeneous achitectures
(folsom)

What are the actual status of the correspondant functionnalities? (it
seems that the development of these functionnalities has been reported
from diablo to essex, and then from essex to folsom)

Thank you for your answer.

Michel Gauthier