[openstack-dev] pep8-1.3.3 result of openstack common codes

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jul 16 19:29:28 UTC 2012

On 07/15/2012 11:46 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 07/14/2012 06:05 AM, Yun Mao wrote:
>> perhaps the pep8 check should ignore the openstack-common code. Thanks,
>
> Yes. We actually did this in one of the other projects and I think it's
> a good idea.
>
> pep8 checking for openstack-common should happen in openstack-common.
> It's a library - we're just not installing it that way just this moment. :)

There has been an aweful lot of pep8 churn during Folsom, which I'm not
sure wins us a lot. It seems like it would be more sensible to pick a
pep8 version at Design Summit, and have all OpenStack projects that are
looking to be part of Grizzly just fix that for the release.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center