[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Metering meeting agenda for Thursday at 15:00 UTC (Dec 27, 2012)

Nicolas Barcet nicolas at barcet.com
Thu Dec 27 16:21:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Nicolas Barcet <nicolas at barcet.com> wrote:
> The metering project team holds a meeting in #openstack-meeting, on
> even week on Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
>
> Everyone is welcome.
>
> Proposed agenda, add to the wiki for additional topics:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
>  * Review last week's actions
>    * nijaba to schedule v2 review for next meeting
>    * nijaba to link proposal to appropriate bp
>    * dhellmann experiment with passing arrays of parameters to wsme for queries
>    * jd write a wiki page on how to participate to the bug squashing day
>    * jd announce the bug squashing day on the ml
>    * jd megatweet about the bug squashing day every hour
>    * nijaba to organize new vote next week
>    * nijaba to approve synaps's bp
>    * nijaba to organixe next thu as bp cleanup day
>    * nijaba to reschedule topic for next week when lianhao is around
>    * jd rename api to api-v2 and api-v1 to api
>
>  * Meeting on Jan 2nd?
>
>  *  Discuss heathmon/ceilometer duplication and differences
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/CeilometerAndHealthnmon
>
>  * API bv2 proposal review http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/blueprints/APIv2
>
>  * Overlapping blueprints cleanup
>
>  * Open discussion
>
> If you are not able to attend or have additional topic(s) you would
> like to add, please update the agenda on the wiki.

The meeting took place, here is the summary:

==============================
#openstack-meeting: Ceilometer
==============================

Meeting started by nijaba at 15:00:02 UTC.  The full logs are available
at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2012/ceilometer.2012-12-27-15.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (nijaba,
  15:00:03)
* actions from previous meeting  (nijaba, 15:01:09)

* nijaba to schedule v2 review for next meeting  (nijaba, 15:01:19)
  * Done, see meeting agenda  (nijaba, 15:01:19)

* nijaba to link API v2 proposal to appropriate bp  (nijaba, 15:01:30)
  * done, I added the link to the whiteboard of
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-server-pecan-wsme
    (nijaba, 15:01:30)

* jd__ write a wiki page on how to participate to the bug squashing day
  (nijaba, 15:01:43)
  * done, see http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/Contributing and
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/BugSquashingDay/20130104
    (nijaba, 15:01:43)

* nijaba to organize new vote next week for meeting on Jan 2nd  (nijaba,
  15:02:48)
  * Done, see meeting agenda topic  (nijaba, 15:02:48)

* nijaba to approve synaps's bp  (nijaba, 15:02:58)
  * done see
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/synaps-integration
    which is the overarching bp  (nijaba, 15:02:58)

* nijaba to organixe next thu as bp cleanup day  (nijaba, 15:03:23)
  * lots of cleanup done, but see subsequent topic about remainder
    (nijaba, 15:03:23)

* nijaba to reschedule topic about healthmon for next week when lianhao
  is around  (nijaba, 15:03:35)
  * Done, see meeting agenda topic  (nijaba, 15:03:35)

* dhellmann experiment with passing arrays of parameters to wsme for
  queries  (nijaba, 15:03:46)
  * ACTION: dhellmann experiment with passing arrays of parameters to
    WSME for queries  (dhellmann, 15:05:06)

* jd__ announce the bug squashing day on the ml  (nijaba, 15:05:56)
  * done  (nijaba, 15:06:46)

* jd__ megatweet about the bug squashing day every hour  (nijaba,
  15:06:58)
  * Done, please RT :)  (nijaba, 15:06:58)
  * LINK: https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg19657.html
    (dhellmann, 15:07:35)

* jd__ rename api to api-v2 and api-v1 to api  (nijaba, 15:07:45)
  * done  (nijaba, 15:08:07)
  * VOTE: Voted on "on january 2nd at 21UTC, I plan to be?" Results are,
    absent: 5, present: 2  (nijaba, 15:11:31)
  * AGREED: meeting on jan 2nd will be chaired by jd__  (nijaba,
    15:12:36)

* Discuss heathmon/ceilometer duplication and differences
  http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/CeilometerAndHealthnmon  (nijaba,
  15:12:57)
  * AGREED: healthmon integration: a) implemented missing meters in
    ceilometer, b) integrate healthmon through multi-publisher  (nijaba,
    15:18:25)
  * ACTION: llu-laptop to report agreement result to wiki page
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/CeilometerAndHealthnmon
    (nijaba, 15:19:57)
  * ACTION: nijaba to get in touch with the healthmon team to see what
    their reaction is to our plan for integration  (nijaba, 15:27:11)
  * LINK:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/monitoring-physical-devices
    (llu-laptop, 15:28:17)

* API bv2 proposal review
  http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/blueprints/APIv2  (nijaba,
  15:35:00)
  * ACTION: API v2 topic to be continued on jan 2nd  (nijaba, 15:39:22)
  * ACTION: nijaba API v2 topic to be continued on jan 2nd  (nijaba,
    15:39:28)

* blueprints cleanup  (nijaba, 15:39:53)
  * So I have spent most of the morning cleanup our bps.  You should
    have received notification if I changed a bp you are registered on.
    (nijaba, 15:40:01)
  * The following bp are still needing more definition and an assignee
    or will otherwise be retargeted for H.  (nijaba, 15:41:22)
  * LINK:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/move-listener-framework-oslo
    (nijaba, 15:41:22)
  * LINK:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/meter-post-api
    (nijaba, 15:41:22)
  * LINK:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/non-libvirt-hw
    (nijaba, 15:41:22)
  * LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/rpc-zeromq
    (nijaba, 15:41:22)
  * LINK:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-aggregate-average
    (nijaba, 15:41:23)
  * LINK:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/remove-disabled-pollsters-option
    (nijaba, 15:41:24)
  * ACTION: nijaba to find out if EmilienM wishes to commit on
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-aggregate-average
    (nijaba, 15:47:07)
  * ACTION: nijaba to send an email to openstack-dev listing the orphan
    bps  (nijaba, 15:49:54)
  * Here is the list of bp that are going to be in Grizzly 2, only 2 are
    not yet completed.  I hope they will be before the end of next week
    (nijaba, 15:50:31)
  * LINK: https://launchpad.net/ceilometer/+milestone/grizzly-2
    (nijaba, 15:50:31)

* Open discussion  (nijaba, 15:54:50)
  * ACTION: nijaba to add bp skeleton to remind ourselves to implement
    higher level tests for db backends  (nijaba, 15:58:36)
  * LINK:
    https://answers.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+questions?field.sort=recently+updated+first&field.actions.search=Search&field.status=Open&field.search_text=
    (dhellmann, 15:59:20)

Meeting ended at 16:06:32 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* dhellmann
  * dhellmann experiment with passing arrays of parameters to WSME for
    queries
* llu-laptop
  * llu-laptop to report agreement result to wiki page
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/CeilometerAndHealthnmon
* nijaba
  * nijaba to get in touch with the healthmon team to see what their
    reaction is to our plan for integration
  * nijaba API v2 topic to be continued on jan 2nd
  * nijaba to find out if EmilienM wishes to commit on
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-aggregate-average
  * nijaba to send an email to openstack-dev listing the orphan bps
  * nijaba to add bp skeleton to remind ourselves to implement higher
    level tests for db backends
* openstack
  * llu-laptop to report agreement result to wiki page
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/CeilometerAndHealthnmon
  * nijaba to send an email to openstack-dev listing the orphan bps

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* nijaba (149)
* dhellmann (82)