[openstack-dev] [quantum][LBaaS] need to do corresponding changes in LBaaS API doc

Oleg Bondarev obondarev at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 24 07:56:58 UTC 2012

Hi Youcef,

Please see my comments inline

Thanks,

Oleg

From: Youcef Laribi [mailto:Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:29 AM
To: 'OpenStack Development Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [quantum][LBaaS] need to do corresponding
changes in LBaaS API doc

Hi Oleg,

Thanks, I have reviewed these, and require some clarification from you.

-          add default values for fields not specified while VIP creation

Do you mean "description" and "connection_limit" fields? For "description",
the default value if not specified by the user is an empty string, while
"connection_limit" if not specified by the user is not used (internally and
in DB, you can store it as "-1" meaning there is no connection limit).

[obondarev] Agree

-          add "description" and "connection_limit" fields with default
values to the response of Create VIP Example

In the response, if description is an empty string and if "connection_limit"
is set to -1, we do not return them, as it means the user has not set these,
and they have got a NULL value.

[obondarev] Agree

-          add "lb_method" field to the request of Create Pool Example as it
is required

Yes, good catch! I'll add this.

-          remove "members" filed from the request of Create Pool Example

-          add "health_monitors" to the list of updatable attributes of a
pool

-          remove "List all Members of a specific Pool" and "List Health
Monitors associated with a Pool" REST calls from the API

Yes, since we have agreed now on an approach for dealing with sub-resources,
I can now update the spec.

-          add "pool_id" to the must list when creating a member

Yep.

-          add appropriate values to the request of Associate Health
Monitors with a Pool Example

I thought that associating/dissociating pools and health_monitors is now
done when creating or updating a pool (by specification a collection
attribute). Can you clarify for me what the current implementation does?

[obondarev] It's true but we also still have an opportunity to
associate/disassociate monitors with pools using sub-resource concept:

POST pools/<pool_id>/health_monitors {body}

DELETE pools/<pool_id>/health_monitors/<health_monitor_id>

Where body is:

{

                'id': <health_monitor_id>,

                'tenant_id': <tenant_id>

}

- to add one monitor to a pool - this avoids user from doing two roundtrips
where he needs first to do GET and then PUT on a pool resource.

Thanks

Youcef