[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Group changes must revoke tokens

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 14:56:45 UTC 2012

Hi Adam

I believe our attribute mapping work is orthogonal to and independent of
revocation of roles or tokens, since attribute mapping takes place
before the token is created. if a role is revoked subsequently to it
being assigned by the attribute mapping service, then it will remain
revoked.

What could potentially effect the mapping, is if the user's
organisational attributes (or group memberships, if groups were to use
mappings) are revoked whilst he is accessing the cloud. Currently this
would not cause his current session to be terminated or his mapped roles
to be revoked since there is no mechanism for the IDP to inform
OpenStack about this. But when the user tries to activate a new session
he would not be able to since he would no longer have the correct
organisational attributes (or groups) and could therefore no longer be
assigned a role.

However, I need you to answer one question

You said " When a users roles change,..." How do they change? Who
changes them and how

regards

David