[openstack-dev] [Keystone] LDAP support for groups

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 18:04:25 UTC 2012

We are close to getting Groups done in the SQL back end, but we still
need a schema for  LDAP, and it is not super apparent how to close the
gap on it.

The schema for role assignment is:

 1.
    #
 2.
    olcObjectClasses: ( 2.5.6.8 NAME 'organizationalRole'
 3.
    DESC 'RFC2256: an organizational role'
 4.
    SUP top STRUCTURAL
 5.
    MUST cn
 6.
    MAY ( x121Address $ registeredAddress $ destinationIndicator $
 7.
    preferredDeliveryMethod $ telexNumber $ teletexTerminalIdentifier $
 8.
    telephoneNumber $ internationaliSDNNumber $ facsimileTelephoneNumber $
 9.
    seeAlso $ roleOccupant $ preferredDeliveryMethod $ street $
10.
    postOfficeBox $ postalCode $ postalAddress $
11.
    physicalDeliveryOfficeName $ ou $ st $ l $ description ) )

And the users are in the roleOccupant field.

We want to be able to make the roleOccupant included members of groups.
But I am not sure that having both in a single field is advisable.  I
would rather have a deliberate fields for group members.  This was what
we did in FreeIPA, and I think it is the right approach.

We could extend roleOccupant with an other object class, but there is no
obvious class to use.

We could replace roleOccupant with a different object class.  While that
would make a painful transition, it might be preferable.  But again,
there is no obvious replacement.

We could make groups a collection underneath organizationalRoles

Feedback is welcome.